Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Next Generation Honda Ridgeline Truck Update

Well, no specifics yet, Honda is keeping their cards close to their chest on this one, no spyshots, renderings, official release date, concepts, .... nothing.  The original idea is that this truck would be redesigned for 2014, late in the year, from what rumours I am hearing is that this truck may not be released until mid/late 2014 as a 2015 model. 

Again, I have no idea if they are going to put a diesel (doubt it) engine into this truck.  I cannot see them going up to the 3.7L, seeing as Honda said that they will put a heavy emphasis on fuel economy this go around, so expect to see VCM cylinder deactivation, and Earth Dreams.  I would have to say I would expect a 6 Speed Automatic VS a CVT.

I expect the size to be about the same, I don't see Honda throwing their hat into the full size segment just yet (if ever).

I do expect something innovative that no one saw coming (like the in bed trunk) to compliment all of the other upgrades.

Stay tuned for any other updates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Updates on the new Ridgeline are hard to find, so I'll take any news you can get!