Monday, May 16, 2011

What If? What would you like to see on the Next Generation Honda Prelude?

Well, I would have to class this one as a big 'wish' on my part. Honda has been pretty adamant about leaving the Prelude retired. Whenever I have asked a higher up in Honda why they aren't bringing the Prelude back I get the 'that's basically what the new Civic Si is' or 'that's what the new Accord Coupe is'. I could definately make a case for the 06' Civic and up as a spiritual successor, but c'mon, at least have a special 'Prelude edition' or something.

Anyways, I digress, if Honda (and that's a big IF) were to ever think about bringing back the Honda Prelude, what do you think it should have?

Post your ideas in the comments section, and let's see what comes up, who knows, maybe Honda's listening....

I'll start it off....
-NO hybrid!
-6 speed manual is a must, with a base model Automatic available.
-SH-AWD
-a high performance 4cyl, say a tweeked 2000 S2000 2.0litre variant, raw, with 250hp.
-dual exhaust
-panoramic moonroof
-low to the ground with a sports tuned double wishbone suspension
-18" alloys with HP rubber

10 comments:

California Dreamin' said...

dualexaust, V6, 300+hp, t-tops, rwd! Kick ass!

jjmdahman said...

Start with the rear-drive chassis of the belated and beloved S-2000 and add the SH-AWD and 240 hp turbo from the RDX, then build a true BMW 3-series rival. And for God's sakes, Honda, hire a new designer. Maybe a slightly altered CR-Z face with a more prominent proboscis would do it justice. Honda/Acura has had some of the ugliest "faces" in the industry lately, though I have long gotten used to the TSX/MDX beak.

Anonymous said...

Bring back the famous red seat in the car from the past. Best keep the car as competive with the new Lexus CT. Make sure it font wheel drive like the past and also make sure it not too low.

Tiki-mon said...

I gotta say, while I'm an enthusiast at heart, buying a manual is not in the cards anymore (Mrs. can't drive stick, and my car must also be drivable by Mrs.). If it's good enough for LF-A, it must be good enough for me.

So, paddle shifters, CVT, SH-AWD, adjustable to be RWD. These are what I would covet should it decide to return.

Slightly smaller body, HID, or all LED head lights.

Active-aerodynamics. I know Prelude is, by no means, a super-car, or a serious sports car, but I just like those techy stuff. Maybe a mild active-aero, or adjustable suspension.

All the rest, it would just be what other standard gadgets and safety innovations that are surfacing today.

Marco34 said...

I think If they kept the same type of look that would be awesome.

Def a faster motor.
Better Handling.
Vtec
V6 Motor

Alot of things were great about preludes. I currently own one myself

Xenon said...

4WS
VTEC 250hp>
5 or 6 gear manual transmission
low level design
long hood
short back
glas roof
modern version of 4th gen. cockpit design.

Anonymous said...

The Prelude car should be left in peace. Its done, no need for another generation. Rather that Honda focus on improving the cr-z or civic si. It would be sweet if Honda makes a low budget rear-wheel sports car.

Anonymous said...

SIMPLE . thats all

Anonymous said...

no sharp design just smooth as fuck , like honda it is.. new honda design was totally European like.. n its damn yuck!

Anonymous said...

I wish they would come out with a new one but I would like to keep the honda prelude look but not make the prelude diffrent but make it look sexy a fresh look put a engine that kills car like the gti, opel corsa opc,ford focus st, or the cloe sport my brother has the gen 4 and what a car now just imagen a 2013 one