Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2010 Honda Insight Powertrain Information

Now in its fifth generation since debuting on the original Insight in 1999, Honda’s Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) is a parallel hybrid powertrain that increases efficiency through power assist, energy regeneration and idle stop capabilities. The system consists of a low-friction 1.3-litre SOHC, 8-valve i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) that serves as the primary power source; a 10-kilowatt, lightweight, ultra-thin electric motor that provides additional power and electricity generation; a lightweight and compact battery; and a continuously variable transmission. The combined output and overall torque of the engine and motor (max. output 98 hp @ 5,800 rpm, max. torque 123 lb-ft. @ 1,000-1,500 rpm) allow for responsive acceleration in the city and confidence-inspiring performance on the highway. The IPU of the new IMA is 19 per cent more compact than that of the fourth-generation system, contributing to spaciousness and utility, while the powertrain’s efficiency is the key to the Insight’s exceptional fuel economy: Honda estimated combined fuel economy of 4.7L/100km and a 40 litre fuel tank deliver a maximum driving range of over 640 kilometres.

• Fifth-generation, Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid
system
• 1.3-litre, SOHC, 8-valve i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with
Variable Cylinder Management (VCM)
• High-power, lightweight, ultra-thin electric motor
• Lightweight, compact, durable battery
• Standard continuously variable transmission (CVT)
• Cooperative regenerative braking
• Drive-by-Wire™ throttle control


High-efficiency, lightweight, low-friction 1.3-litre, SOHC, i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with Variable Cylinder Management (VCM)
The heart of the Insight powertrain is the i-VTEC engine, which combines responsive performance and excellent fuel efficiency as a result of its lightweight, low-friction and efficient design. Rated output is 88 hp @ 5,800 rpm, and rated torque is 88lb-ft. @ 4,500 rpm.

Source;
Honda Canada

3 comments:

arumugam said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again

In-Car Infotainment

Anonymous said...

I love this product my very good friend who

is a hairstylist recommended this to me and I have loved it. It's a great product. I have always had naturally curly hair and frizzy when I have dried to round brush it straight. With 1-2 pumps my hair is

silky smooth! The smell also is very nice! I always hated stinky hair products and this one I do not mind at all smelling. It has been a wonderful product for me so far. I've had it now for about 2 weeks

now.

Anonymous said...

I use this for a looser curl and it works well. I like Moroccan Oil products and this is a solid one. It hasn't been life changing and I haven't used it

alone to really see what it does but it works well with the David Babaii Bohemian Beach Spray for nice loose curl.